Thursday, May 8, 2008

Watergate Salad

Couple weeks ago while I was having my lunch at wor,I saw one of my friends eating this interesting-looking salad.I eventually asked her what was it and told me it's a salad and had me tried it.And it was good!!!Since then I was desperately looking for a recipe for Watergate Salad,also known as Pistachio Salad.I made it and loved it!!If i can remember it right this is yet the first salad that i have tasted sweet here in the US.lol.But seriously,if you want to try it too here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 package (4-serving size) Jell-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, (not drained)
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped walnuts nuts
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping

Instructions:
Stir the pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish as desired.

Yield: Makes 8 servings

So easy,huh!!But the taste is awesome..and pretty sure y'all will like it too.

1 comment:

Jackie Richardson said...

Hi Jeanmarie,

I love watergate salad. That's one of my favorite desserts. I could eat watergate salad and never get tired of it. I remember when my former boss brought a big container full. There was about half of the container left and she let me take it home. I almost got sick I ate so much. My son likes it, too. I am going to try the recipe on this post. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Jackie